MPower Leadership Conference
MPower is the premier leadership conference for incoming first year students at the University of Mississippi. MPower is guided by the University of Mississippi Creed and provides leadership activities and discussion that correlate to each tenant of the UM Creed. MPower prepares incoming first year students to understand the history of the University of Mississippi and to be responsible members of the University committee. For more information, email email@example.com.
So, what exactly does “Lead Through The Creed” mean?
During Orientation, you became familiar with the UM Creed: a statement of shared values that ties all members of the University together. We have focused each day around different tenets of the Creed, so you will walk away with a hands-on understanding of what makes the University of Mississippi such a dynamic place.
The UM Creed:
The University of Mississippi is a community of learning dedicated to nurturing excellence in intellectual inquiry and personal character in an open and diverse environment. As a voluntary member of this community:
I believe in respect for the dignity of each person
I believe in fairness and civility
I believe in personal and professional integrity
I believe in academic honesty
I believe in academic freedom
I believe in good stewardship of our resources
I pledge to uphold these values and encourage others to follow my example.
As Mississippi’s Flagship institution, our role in the State is clearly defined. The University of Mississippi is a driving force for culture, thought, research, and expression. However, it is with students like yourself that this University has potential to set the pace and drive these conversations for the entire Southeast, as well as for colleges & universities across the country.
MPower 2019 Information:
MPower will be available to 100 incoming first year students. MPower will be held July 24-27, 2019 on the University of Mississippi campus! Registration for MPower 2019 closed June 7, 2019.
Non-refundable Participation Fee: $250
- On-campus meals & accommodations for three nights/four days
- Transportation to all activities
- MPower T-Shirt & giveaways
- Four days of leadership development activities:
- Challenge Course & Team-Building Exercises
- Visit to the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, TN
- Historical Tour of Campus
- Leadership & Cultural Identity Exploration
- Education on the University’s Mission, Values, and Creed
- Interaction with Student Leaders & MPower Mentors
- Community Service Opportunity
- Introductions to Campus Administrators, Faculty, and Staff
*There is limited financial assistance available*