Lactation Room Reservation Information
– The lactation room is located on the second floor of the Student Union is available for the university community during the university’s normal operating hours Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
– For access to the lactation room, please contact the Ole Miss Student Union office by phone at (662)915-1044 or in person at Union 419.
– Unauthorized use of the lactation room will result in immediate loss of privileges to the room.
Procedures and Rules
– Place the “Please do not disturb” door hanger on the outside of the door prior to use, and remove from door after use is complete. Be sure to leave the sign in the room after use.
– The lactation room’s sole intent is for the purpose of expressing breast milk. Any other purpose is in violation of the room’s intent and policy.
– Please maintain cleanliness of this room, and do not leave any items in the room for storage after use. The University is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
– Please report any maintenance issues with the room to (662)915-1044 immediately.
– The sole intent for the refrigerator is to store expressed milk during the work day.
– All breast milk should be labeled with mothers name and date, and taken home daily.
– Any milk remaining at the end of the work week will be disposed of.
– Please maintain the cleanliness of the refrigerator, and wipe any spills that may occur with the provided sanitizing wipes.
University Policy for Nursing Mothers
Click here or copy and paste the following link for the university’s policy regarding nursing mothers: https://secure4.olemiss.edu/umpolicyopen/ShowDetails.jsp?istatPara=1&policyObjidPara=11290120