MPower Leadership Conference
MPower is the premier leadership conference for incoming first year students at the University of Mississippi. MPower is guided by the University of Mississippi Creed and provides leadership activities and discussion that correlate to each tenant of the UM Creed. MPower prepares incoming first year students to understand the history of the University of Mississippi and to be responsible members of the University committee. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Students: Join Our Team!
MPower is seeking a diverse group of dynamic individuals who have an interest in being a leader and mentor for their peers. We have 20 open positions for peer leaders (MPLs) who will facilitate this unique and impactful transition for incoming students.
MPL Position Description/General Statement of Duties:
The MPower Peer Leader (MPL) is an undergraduate student who works as an active member of the Ole Miss Student Union, along with the Assistant Director of Leadership Programming, one graduate assistant, and two Student Coordinators to deliver the MPower Program. The role of the MPL is essential in the facilitation and execution of MPower.
MPLs provide mentorship to 10-13 incoming students and facilitate programs and activities to achieve the following:
- Develop individual leadership skills
- Learn about the UM campus community and values articulated in the UM Creed
- Share involvement opportunities
- Carry out all assigned MPower activities and team meetings
Peer Leader Application Process
- Interested applicants should submit their application through Forum.
- Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Sunday, November 3, 2019. There are no exceptions for late applications.
- Interviews will take place Thursday-Friday, November 14-15th, 2019.
Final appointment offers will be extended on November 22, 2019 via the candidate’s preferred method of communication.
MPower 2020: Participant Registration Information Coming Soon!