skip to main content

Ole Miss Student Union

The University of Mississippi

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will construction last the Ole Miss Student Union?
The second phase of the project (the expansion) was completed in Fall 2017. The expansion will feature the Food Court, Transit Center, receiving, and the Transit Center. The third phase (renovation of existing building) began in January 2017. It is schedule to be completed in 2019. It will house meeting spaces, administrative offices, the Center for Inclusion and Cross Cultural Engagement, the Student Leadership and Organization Suite, and expanded lobby spaces.

How do I reserve a tables on campus?
Our office reserves tables on a first come/first served basis, and they must be reserved through our office in Lester 210. The table reservation form can be found on our website as well. Any student organization, solicitor, vendor or campus department must reserve tables through our office. All tables must be set up by the Ole Miss Student Union and are located between Weir Hall and the Lott Leadership Institute.

How do I reserve a room on campus?
Rooms and other campus spaces can be reserved by the Student Union Reservations Office. You can contact Pam Smith at (662)915-7459 or for reservation information. All reservation forms and terms of use agreements can be found on our website.

How do I host a Pavilion Presents/Union Unplugged on campus?
The Student Activities Association sponsors the weekly Pavilion Presents (formerly Union Unplugged) series on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:15 p.m.-1:00 p.m. You can stop by the SAA office in 210 Lester or reach them at

What ATMs are located while the Union is under construction?
ATMs are located on the first floor of Rebel Market. Currently, the banks servicing the campus include BancorpSouth, Mississippi Federal Credit Union, and Regions.

Where can I park when visiting the Ole Miss campus?
Visitors to campus can purchase a parking pass online from the Department of Parking and Transportation ( or at the Welcome Center located on University Avenue. Faculty, staff and students with a hangtag must parking in their respective parking zones. Additionally, ADA parking is available on the Circle.

How does someone get involved in the Student Activities Association?
Applications for the Student Activities Association Committee are available in 419 Student Union at the beginning of each academic year and are typically due in early September. The available committees are Special Events, Entertainment and Pageants. Of course, you can always attend SAA events throughout the year!

Is the Student Union hiring student workers?
Please contact our office at (662)915-1044 or for information regarding possible student worker positions available in the office.

What dining options are available on the Ole Miss campus since the Union is closed?
There are many dining options available on campus that range from Cane’s and Steak & Shake to Dodo’s Pizza in Weir Hall and the Chick-fil-A Food Truck on Galtney-Lott Plaza. There are larger food venues at Rebel Market, the Residential College, and the Grill at 1810, too. For more information, visit

Where can I hold a wedding ceremony or reception on campus?
The university has strict policies regarding the use of facilities for weddings and/or receptions. You can visit for more information. The only spaces available for such activities overseen by the Student Union are The Grove and Student Union Plaza.

If I have a comment or complaint about the building, who do I contact?
Please contact the Director of the Student Union at

If I don’t see my question listed, how can I find an answer?
Please call us at (662)915-1044, stop by our office in 210 Lester Hall, or e-mail